What we do at a bit fitting
The following is included:
- It is preferable that you have your horse saddled up and warmed up before I arrive.
- We have a talk about the horse's history. We talk about what is happening with your horse and you the rider.
- We will then talk about the "Why". We also talk about the goals for you and your horse for the future.
- We will go through the pre-booking form that you filled out on the website
- I check over your horses body. I look and feel inside your horses mouth and sometimes take photos for you to reference
- From this I can work through the best bits to start trialing out of my Bit Kit.
- We check over your current bit and bridle, we can then make any adjustments to improve your horse's overall comfort.
- You then re-mount your horse in a ridden session allowing me to see the horse's current problems including movement and the rider's concerns.
- Once we have all the information we discuss the findings to determine your horse's best bitting solution. We then plan to move forward with your training and your goals.
I am a below a knee amputee and will need to know if the terrain is uneven. You will also need a suitable area to ride for the assessment and fitting.
Duration- Plan for up to 2 hours.
After assessing my horse’s mouth Suzin brought at least 4 bits to try. It was clear which one was the best, as my horse made that clear. It was amazing the difference a bit made. Thanks Suzin! I’m so grateful.